Tuesday, January 19, 2010

FDOC: first day of class

Today I took advantage of one of St. Marks Place's many services and FINALLY got my ears pierced. Yes, my piercing virginity has been taken. My friend needed to get her piercing fixed, and convinced me to just go and get it done. I just never got around to piercing them: when I was younger I was scared of needles, and then when I was older I just never actively gone out to Claire's to pierce them.

We went to a piercing/tattoo parlor on St Marks. It was your typical store: hookahs, various grungy earrings for sale in the front, and tattoo/piercing parlor in the back. It came out to 48.99, which I think was a bit pricey. I would have liked them to include a free bottle of saline solution for the aftercare, but the guy seemed pretty professional and the tools seemed sterile. I don't want to sing high praises yet, only because I've just gotten them done. It hurt for only a bit during the actually poking part, but overall it went pretty quickly. I have to keep these not-so-flattering hoops in for about two months, and then I can finally wear the earrings that I admire in the stores.

My second to last semester started today, and it will be challenging. I had my Power & Politics course first, but I am excited for it. I've heard good things about the professor and I've never actually taken an entire course on American politics. Should be a good time. Then I had my 3 day Stats course, which will be helpful in the future, however, the professor talks monotonously.

Even though NYU has a huge population, I've been seeing all these people from the Prague program on the streets, in my classes. It's crazy, because I never used to see them before going to Prague.

1 comment:

  1. Helen! I read this and literally *gasped* out loud
    !!! Like total GOL. I cant believe it! Pictures...??? When you get your first (or second) pair of earrings, try to get pure metal gold or silver..I might not be right, but I feel that decreases chances of infection because they aren't "impure" metals, you know? Just shell it out for some nice ones..or go to Edison, where I got mine when I was 5, lol.
    I miss you, but reading this makes me happy 'cause I'm keeping up with what you're doing. :-)

    ReplyDelete