Friday, November 5, 2010

It is time

One more month until I graduate... CRAZY. I'm nervous, feeling bittersweet, and yet excited; basically just a whole range of emotions. Nervous because I'm embarking on a new chapter of my life, the supposed 'real world' awaits, in which I am finally held accountable as an adult (well, we'll see how that goes with my parents, haha). Bittersweet, because I don't think I want to leave the life of an undergrad. But excited because I am leaving the undergrad life, no more long nights at the school library, stressing about exams (although I am planning on taking some sort of exam later on for higher education), stressing about papers, etc.

Looking back, I am surprised at how my life has turned out. As a freshman, I really could never have predicted the way things are now. The Helen now is about to embark on a job in the finance industry, has worked in a range of capacities, advocated for what she is passionate about, confident about herself, more outgoing, etc. This is stuff the Past Helen would not have imagined. Of course, there are things I can improve upon, as always, but I am ok with what I've done so far. It is time for me to set goals for myself. The goals that I had in the past (score well on exams, get in a good school, do internships, get a job) have been goals I set for myself but I think only because those are goals that people should achieve as general steps in life. Now I want to and can set goals that are truly my own. Got to start brainstorming.

No comments:

Post a Comment