Sunday, January 24, 2010

This is the semester in which I...

crumble under the amount of work. I can see it now: halfway through the semester, I will be behind in all my readings, basically behind in all my work, locked up in the library, reading with barely any sleep. Each course will have intensive coursework for sure, unlike past semesters, when I had at least one class I could be more lax in terms of keeping up with work. -cry-

I finished my Aplia assignment for Statistics, and I realized that I had forgotten a lot of basic math stuff. I need to relearn all of this in order to survive both Stats and Intermediate Microeconomics. I'm going to have to relearn calculus, especially. -weep-

For my American Constitution class, it's going to be so much reading and re-reading, and I expect a lot of new vocabulary, like "writ of mandamus" and "dicta." -shudder-

Maybe my Power & Politics in America will a bit more easygoing. It's a typical politics intro class, and most of the terms I've seen before in the other politics intro classes. I may just have to refresh upon the American history, which should be okay since its been drilled into our brains since we could write our names.

But this is what junior year of college is really about, right? Difficult assignments, late nights.. i mean this is what I signed up for. I guess I'm just trying to 安慰自己, console myself. Gotta stay positive, keep this start-of-semester spirit of "I can do it!"

Watched the last episode of The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien.. it's sad that that show is over. His farewell speech was quite inspiring.

"All I ask is one thing and I'm asking this particular of young people that watch. Please do not be cynical. I hate cynicism. For the record, it's my least favorite quality. It doesn't lead anywhere."

"Nobody in life gets exactly what they thought they were going to get. But if you work really hard, and you're kind, amazing things will happen. I'm telling you, amazing things will happen."

WORD. now to more reading

1 comment:

  1. Helen, you can do it! Dont think you're gonna fall behind, just keep at it...like Shalyn and I did last sem. At Bobst! lol..miss it! :-)

    ReplyDelete